Why become a member? ×

+SOLD+ MUSICMAN USA SUB4 2004 +SOLD+
£550

Hutton

THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD
I have for sale only (no trades please) my Musicman SUB4 2004 Bass. The bass is in excellent condition with only a very small surface ding on the headstock of a couple of millimetres long. This has been touched in with satin black paint and is now practically unnoticeable. There are no dings or scratches on the body.

This SUB bass should not be confused with the current sub basses sold by Ernie Ball under the Sterling label. The older SUB basses are now discontinued as (according to Sterling Ball) the company were losing money by producing such a quality instrument for the money. The USA basses were made alongside Stingrays etc in the Ernie Ball factory in San Louis Obispo.

The bass plays very nicely and has all the usual Stingray tones and punch. I fitted a Stingray satin black pickguard as I didn't like the original diamond plate pickguard. The original (still with plastic covering) is included in the sale. I am also including a Musicman hard case in the sale. I purchased the case new when I got the bass as I like my instruments to be well protected. The case has no damage and only a couple of light surface scratches.

The bass is currently fitted with schaller strap buttons. I can leave these in place or refit the originals.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

The price of £550 includes delivery to the UK.

Edited by Hutton

Have a bump on me.....

I just bought exactly one of these - Recent Stingrays go for about 7/800 quid it seems at the moment and the Sub is a real bargain.
And whoever buys it needs to fit some black pickguard screws :-)

[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/mudpup1/media/Guitars/Musicman%20Sub%20bass/IMG_20150204_203837.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/mudpup1/Guitars/Musicman%20Sub%20bass/IMG_20150204_203837.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1423505144' post='2685648']
Have a bump on me.....

I just bought exactly one of these - Recent Stingrays go for about 7/800 quid it seems at the moment and the Sub is a real bargain.
And whoever buys it needs to fit some black pickguard screws :-) [/quote]

It's all in the eye of the beholder. As there is quite a lot of chrome round about I quite like the chrome screws. I also however like the look you have on your SUB with the black screws. Great basses whatever you do with them.

[quote name='Black Coffee' timestamp='1423520836' post='2685982']
IMHO these sound better than the real stingrays. I prefer the neck on them too.
That's just me though....

Have a free bump and GLWTS
[/quote]

I agree with you entirely Black Coffee and thanks for the good wishes.

I'm really looking for a sale drewk. Thanks for the offer though.