Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warmoth Ebony Fretless Jazz Neck

[size=3]You are looking at a neck that was temporarily part of a custom Warmoth bass built by a luthier for me.

However the quality of the neck is absolutely amazing. The neck has great sustain and is fitted with graphite neck re-inforcement rods.

The neck was initially neck heavy with Schaller BM Clover Tuning Posts fitted. We changed these to HipShot UltraLite tuners and the neck now balances perfectly. The holes that were created, by fitting the Schallers, were carefully filled by a French Polisher (see pics).

There is a small mark next to one of the tuning posts on the front (see pic). Also note slight string impression on the fingerboard from some round wounds being fitted for a short period. Please note there is no adverse wear though! I'm just being honest.

The neck comes with an immensely thick Ebony fingerboard for longevity (see pics).

The sound the fingerboard generates is bright and smooth, very much like Jaco’s sound.

See my teaching thread for reassurance about this purchase!

[b]£250 (includes postage & Hipshot UltraLites)[/size][/b]

[size=4][b][color="#FF0000"]NOW EVEN LESS AT £225[/color][/b][/size]

Edited by nickcarey

[quote name='nickcarey' post='264672' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:54 PM']Just 4 days left on Ebay!

[b]Can't belive this is still for sale. [/b]

You are getting an equivalent Fender custom shop quality part here for a very low price!

All the the necessary nut work and profiling is done by the luthier.

All you would do is bolt it on a body!![/quote]

You might find that someone is sitting back hoping to score it for £150 rather than the BC offer of £250!

Incidentally... (and this is just offered as advice Nick) if you have it on ebay for a BIN of £250 why not offer it on here at £250 minus the ebay and potential PayPal fees? I'm not angling to score this for myself (no 'W' on the headstock :)) it's just my insight :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267049' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:45 PM']You might find that someone is sitting back hoping to score it for £150 rather than the BC offer of £250!

Incidentally... (and this is just offered as advice Nick) if you have it on ebay for a BIN of £250 why not offer it on here at £250 minus the ebay and potential PayPal fees? I'm not angling to score this for myself (no 'W' on the headstock :huh:) it's just my insight :huh:[/quote]

Hi,

Fair point, it did cross my mind.

What I have decided to do is take it off Ebay.

I would rather a Bass Chat member gets it who will [u]use [/u] it rather than someone on Ebay looking to profit.

Also the neck was only on trial for 2 weeks so apart from the filled Schaller holes it's in ex-demo condition. If this bothers you Schallers can always be re-fitted.

After a think I have decided to reduce the neck to [color="#FF0000"][b]£225 [/b][/color] for a Bass Chat buyer.
This will save the buyer approx [b]£175 [/b](dollars to pounds) on the new price from Warmoth including:

>The Hipshot UltraLites
> Import Duty
> Neck Profiling
> Nut Fitting & Filing by a professional luthier

This neck was more expensive than the standard necks due to the Ebony & optional Lined Fretless Effect.

So the choice is your folks it's yours for [color="#FF0000"][b]£225[/b][/color], as described, or you could shell out approx £400 for a new one?

Thanks for your thoughts
Nick :)

Edited by nickcarey

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267190' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:46 PM']Probably the right decision for you but I hope a fellow BCer wasn't looking to snipe that on eBay otherwise my advice to you just shot them in the foot :)[/quote]

Ummm with the PMs I've had I think your predictions were true. Thanks again. N

[quote name='nickcarey' post='267195' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:53 PM']Ummm with the PMs I've had I think your predictions were true. Thanks again. N[/quote]

It might be worth considering that you were potentially going to sell that via eBay for £150 [b]MINUS[/b] your eBay & PayPal fees :)

£225 might be a better deal than your original price but I would say that you need to be realistic with some of the offers you get in light of what you [u]could[/u] have ended up with... it's your item and your call though. Good luck.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267201' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:02 PM']It might be worth considering that you were potentially going to sell that via eBay for £150 [b]MINUS[/b] your eBay & PayPal fees :)

£225 might be a better deal than your original price but I would say that you need to be realistic with some of the offers you get in light of what you [u]could[/u] have ended up with... it's your item and your call though. Good luck.[/quote]

Ye, you're quite right. I hoped to get some bidding activity by lowering the starting price, but I guess the pitfall can be folks just sitting back!
After what I paid for the neck I'm not in that much of a rush to sell it. My students have noticed it and drooled over it in my studio.

I'm just gutted the bass didn't work for me. On paper it was perfect but for my technique and style it just wasn't to be.

C'est la vie!

Edited by nickcarey