Why become a member? ×

ARIA PRO 2 SB SPECIAL 2 (Matsumoku)

MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='261028' date='Aug 12 2008, 05:20 PM']MB1. :)
My First proper Bass,possibly 28 years old....older than some Basschatters! :huh:[/quote]
Very nice bass MB1!!

I have an almost identical one (fretless model) sitting right here next to my PC that I bought from pete.young a few months ago and it's a great bass! It came with the original receipt from when Pete first bought it back in 1986 I think...

I'm sure Pete won't mind me sharing these photos with you:
[attachment=11986:Aria_fretless_1.jpg]
[attachment=11987:Aria_fretless_2.jpg]
[attachment=11988:Aria_fretless_3.jpg]

TBH, it's a much nicer bass than I expected and it's certainly too good for a ham-fisted fretless player like me.. The output from the pick up is really strong and it sounds great, especially for a passive bass!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='261058' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:07 PM']Very nice, matsumoku made some quality stuff and yours and all the other matsumoku arias/westones that are still going strong seem to be testament to that. I'd rather like a westone thunder 1A... :)

Also it's a full 1 years older than me that :huh:[/quote]
i thought you were 17, not 27

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo to all of you.
First, I'm sorry for my english language that is very bad.
I'm registered just now, I'm writing from Genoa, Italy and I'm a low level bass player.
I would like to propose to you my problem: I'm a sitasfacted owner of one ARIA PRO II LASER ELECTRIC BASS CLASSIC, bought in the far 1987. My problem is relevant to the wiring: there are a lot of wires disconnected from the pre-amplifier PCB.

Are there some of you that can help me to restore the wiring with some pictures, drawings, schematics or others? Thank you very much!!

Best regards.

Guido

[quote name='Guido' post='271581' date='Aug 28 2008, 10:09 AM']Hallo to all of you.
First, I'm sorry for my english language that is very bad.
I'm registered just now, I'm writing from Genoa, Italy and I'm a low level bass player.
I would like to propose to you my problem: I'm a sitasfacted owner of one ARIA PRO II LASER ELECTRIC BASS CLASSIC, bought in the far 1987. My problem is relevant to the wiring: there are a lot of wires disconnected from the pre-amplifier PCB.

Are there some of you that can help me to restore the wiring with some pictures, drawings, schematics or others? Thank you very much!!

Best regards.

Guido[/quote]
Hi Guido and welcome to Basschat! This question should go in the 'Repairs and Technical Issues' Forum really, which is here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=12"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=12[/url]

Although I have an Aria bass, I don't know anything about them from a technical point of view so I can't help you.. But there's plenty of people here on Basschat who probably can, so put your question in the right section and I'm sure you'll get some replies.

Nik