Why become a member? ×

Marbass Studio 1 plugin

cLepto-bass

[url="http://www.markbass.it/photogallery.php?lingua=en&lim=0&quale=57"]http://www.markbass.it/photogallery.php?li...=0&quale=57[/url]

Just came across this photo on the markbass website but couldnt seem to find any info on it what so ever. Just wondering if anyone has any news on it because i find myself very curious by it.

Just realised that the link above doesnt take you straght to what i'm on about, it is photo number 6.

Edited by uzzell

[quote name='bennifer' post='260505' date='Aug 12 2008, 12:22 AM']Guess its something coming soon! They've added a software section to their products page ready for it, but its currently empty. Should be an interesting contender to AmpegSVX, which it'll have a hard job beating, but if they manage that - brilliant![/quote]

Yeah, i am currently running the Ampeg SVX and in all fairness it is brilliant but i use Markbass amps live and in the studio so could be very interesting indeed.

I'm very impressed with Ampeg SVX.. I wonder if the MB plugins would offer the same flexibility.. but as you say, if you're using MB amps, then it seems logical to use a matching plug in.

[quote name='dood' post='261213' date='Aug 12 2008, 10:24 PM']I'm very impressed with Ampeg SVX.. I wonder if the MB plugins would offer the same flexibility.. but as you say, if you're using MB amps, then it seems logical to use a matching plug in.[/quote]

Im also using the Ampeg SVX and also looking forward to the MB plugin. It would be nice to be able to use the two MB filters in software.
Hopefully they will have a demo available.

The filters could be fun, but the whole reason I love my LMII is that it's so transparent and makes my basses sound like they do DI'd only much louder :)

As a result, I'm not sure how much I'd use it. I still love the SVX, but that's because I don't own an Ampeg, nor do I want to run one full tilt in the house :huh:

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='261793' date='Aug 13 2008, 06:17 PM']The filters could be fun, but the whole reason I love my LMII is that it's so transparent and makes my basses sound like they do DI'd only much louder :)

As a result, I'm not sure how much I'd use it. I still love the SVX, but that's because I don't own an Ampeg, nor do I want to run one full tilt in the house :huh:

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

I do all my practicing/learning songs on my PC. Just Bass in to soundcard, output through Ampeg software in to headphones. I dont really need anything special but it might be fun getting a bit closer to my stage sound (of course i know i cant but it will be fun trying)

You can clone both markbassfilters in the studio using very simple tools. The VLE is just a LPF (Low Pass Filter) with a fancy name, the higher you set up the VLE the lower frequency the LPF is set to. And the VPF is a combination of 3 parametric EQs centered at 35hz, 380 hz and 10khz, when increasing the VPF knob you increase gain on 35hz and 10khz and decrease on 380hz.

Instead of using fashionable names they could just give us a Low Pass Filter called the way its meant to be and 3 parametric EQs. That would be much more reliable IMHO.

Edited by Fraktal

[quote name='Fraktal' post='262661' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:43 PM']You can clone both markbassfilters in the studio using very simple tools. The VLE is just a LPF (Low Pass Filter) with a fancy name, the higher you set up the VLE the lower frequency the LPF is set to. And the VPF is a combination of 3 parametric EQs centered at 35hz, 380 hz and 10khz, when increasing the VPF knob you increase gain on 35hz and 10khz and decrease on 380hz.

Instead of using fashionable names they could just give us a Low Pass Filter called the way its meant to be and 3 parametric EQs. That would be much more reliable IMHO.[/quote]

Yeah but wheres the fun in that :-)