Why become a member? ×

How Do You Treat Your Bands Fans

blue

Nicely. The more fans you pull in, the better the atmosphere, you enjoy it more, the landlord sells more beer, you get more bookings.

We have a few fans even though we're just a pub covers band. Most are really nice people. Some are rather boring, but if they have made the effort to come out and see you and then to come up and chat to you, the least you can do is to have a bit of a banter with them. If you get the "helmet from hell" at least you'll have something to chat about with your bandmates during the carry out :)

Well put Norris. One of the guys who comes to see us, well I don`t know the politically correct term, but learning disabilities would be a way of putting it. We`re happy to get him a drink when he comes along. A few people at one gig asked "is he with you" in a sort of p*ss-taking way but our view is he loves his music, and is a nice enough guy. At times he can say things that make you wince a bit, but overall he likes our band, as well as many others I should add, his music knowledge is like an encyclopedia, and why just because he has learning disabilities should we shun him. Nah, I`d rather get a reputation as a band that doesn`t shun people - unless deserved of course.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1421957921' post='2667186']
Well put Norris. One of the guys who comes to see us, well I don`t know the politically correct term, but learning disabilities would be a way of putting it.
[/quote]

That happens, we have, a place we play where I have to deal with a guy that loves the band. I can't tell if he's challenged on a legit basis or if he's one of these guys that never recovered from the 60s.

Blue

We do pub covers with the songs coming from the 60's ( Gimme some lovin, You really got me ) through to the 90's ( American idiot, Buck Rogers ) probably most are 70's though, and I worry that we need more modern stuff in the set ( we do classic rock, and rocked up versions of pop-ish songs ) but a) the older stuff seems, at many venues, to be the most popular! And B) we can't settle on any newer stuff to do as we can't agree on a modern song that our crowds will warm to.

So I'm going to quit worrying and enjoy the oldies.