Why become a member? ×

db bass cabs - look interesting!

ebenezer

I'd steer clear, at least for now. Things seemed to go belly up for them a coupe of years back >> http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/dr-bass
Frustratingly, their cabs have had rave reviews.
I hope whatever the cause of the problems was has been dealt with and that Dr Bass are back on track soon.

Eude

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Re DB embee 10

Bought one of these little buggers in August from The Gallery to pair up with a pre-owned Eden WTX 500 and absolutely love it. My main aim was to put together a small, lighter reasonably powerful rig as a replacement for a Roland cube 100 combo.

Difficult to find info but there had been a couple of wee reviews posted on you tube that where helpful. Tried a few other cabs before buying but nothing seemed to fit with me.

In the end I actually bought mine without trying out first after seeing a couple of you tube clips. I know it was a wee bit of a hail Mary move but as I couldn't get into London to try out and I though I may as well give it a punt. Great customer service [color=#000000]from [/color][color=#000000]Charlie[/color][font="Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color="#000000"] of The Gallery and DB. Opted for a 4ohms flavour cab which wasn't in stock but my order was still delivered within 10 working days.[/color][/font]

Cab was delivered by courier packed in bomb proof packaging. The build quality is excellent, not only does it look great but it's construction is solid as hell. I was interested to see how the protective paint covering would perform, having used carpet covered cabs in the past I wanted to avoid this type of covering. The textured paint didn't disappoint, not only looks good it's also hard as nails.

I'm no sound geek but as far as how the cab sounds it copes extremely well with what I throw at it. I play in a 3 piece originals band, it's difficult to pigeonhole what we do but I do tend to use a wee bit of distortion/overdrive.

I also love the angled speaker, with the Roland cube I had to tilt or raise it higher to hear it properly when played in a band context, I can now hear myself clearer whether I'm seated or standing. The Roland combo was pretty loud for it's size but it often struggled to handle high volume and distortion. When played side by side there was a distinct difference in the quality of sound. Obviously comparing the two rigs is like comparing apples and oranges but now I have more power under the hood with the wtx500 and can now play louder(if and when needed) without loosing clarity/tone. I'm a very happy boy :D