Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1973 - 73 jazz bass revised price 1700 £
£2050

flower8

For sale a 1973 jazz bass natural finish and rosewood neck
Pots are dated 1973
Pickup are dated 1973
Neck stamp is barely readable but to me seems dated 1971
Neck is straight with truss rod working fine. Neck is in near mint condition. Nut appears to have been replaced
Bridge looks original with extra long G screw. Possibly she had installed a badass in the past. Now she has 1973 bridge.
Pickguard has thumbrest below the neck pickup that is consistent with 1973 (or before)
Serial number is 1973's
No routing under the pickguard
Very good condition in general (see pics)
Come with OHSC with some wear but structurally sound
Weight : 9.4 pounds , 4,3 kg

lots of pics on:
[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/129037853@N07/"]https://www.flickr.com/photos/129037853@N07/sets/72157650314586066/[/url]

sound sample on:
[url="https://soundcloud.com/nicola-fiorotto/1973-jazz-bass"]https://soundcloud.c.../1973-jazz-bass[/url]
Rig: markbass cmd 102p
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]In the sequence:[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone close both pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone closed front pickup[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone closed bridge pickup[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone open both pickup[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]I tried some slapping but I am not good at it, just to give you an idea if you like slap[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone open front pickup[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]Tone open neck pickup[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Interstate,]I tried some high register playing to give you an idea if you do solos[/font][/color]

Asking 1700 £ OBO (2350 €)

Paypal is ok (but buyer will pay for the fee) or bank wire transfer.
if you don't want the original case you have 80 £ discount. In this case bass will come with brand new gator case.

will ship anywhere in Europe please ask for a quotation (usually 20-30 £)

Trades only with 1976-77 stingray, early 70's jazz basses of different colour, early 70's precision basses NO sunburst

Edited by flower8

To answer to all who questioned about the availability of natural finishes on jazz basses during the early seventies I attached here some pages from the Hal Leonard Book "THE FENDER BASS" showing a 1970 catalog offering natural finish on jazz and precision basses.
furthermore if you go to the site of a big vintage bass dealer of London (beginning with And....) scrolling down the sold basses you'll find a 1973 jazz with ash body and rosewood fingerboard. So this is the proof of existence of ash/rosewood jazzes on 1973. They are rare and extremely collecitibles.

Edited by flower8

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks kempy535 . So it is clear that the clear finish on early 70's jazz is original. now what is lacking are serious offers ( not: trade for a like new cort bass + 200 £ shipped!) . This is a serious 73 jazz bass, original components (with the only possible exception of the tone condenser) with original case, under 2000 £. fantastic neck few dings awesome sound. If this is not a deal please tell me what am I missing!

Edited by flower8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

someone suggested that:
the nut is not original since it is wider than normal fender
The bass had previously installed a badass bridge since there is a mark on the body consistent with it.
I cannot say it is true or false ... to avoid discussion I lowered again the price assuming the above statements are true.

Edited by flower8

• 3 weeks later...