Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type combo and extension cab £500

bassbloke

A close friend of mine is looking to sell his Trace Elliot V-Type 4 x 8" combo and a 1153 15" cabinet.

The V-Type was, IMHO, Trace Elliot's finest hour.

The preamp features a gain, passive 3 band EQ with mid shift, activated by pulling on mid control and deep and bright switches and master. Finally, there is a DI out with pre/post switch and ground lift. The retro looked is completed with old fashioned knobs and a nice green light.

The combo is I believe rated at 290W into 4 Ohms and around 200W into 8Ohms.

The extension cab is a Trace Elliot 1153 - so not the incredibly rare V-Type cabinets, but a good piece of kit.

It's all in great working order. I replaced the 2 stock tubes with a pair of Sovtek/EHX12AX7s.

My friend loves this rig, but he's been working overseas for a few years and needs a small rig he can easily transport.

[b]£500[/b]

I'm currently looking after this for him, so any interested parties are welcome to come round and give it a bash.

[attachment=11832:DSCF0807.jpg]

[attachment=11833:DSCF0808.jpg]

[attachment=11834:DSCF0809.jpg]

Edited by bassbloke

[quote name='bassbloke' post='260090' date='Aug 11 2008, 04:10 PM']Tone is to die for - lovely and warm and serious bottom end.

I've used this combo live when my old Hartke head was in for repair and it was great.[/quote]
Yeah, don't let the 8" speakers fool you, the cab is sealed and there is plenty of low end on its own. Coupled with a 1x15 (especially that Trace one) would sound awesome. I use the ultra-rare 4x8 extension cab with mine and can honestly say it would be a cold day in hell before I find a sound I like more.

Plus bassbloke is a top, er, bloke to deal with :)

[quote name='Merton' post='266185' date='Aug 20 2008, 11:51 AM']Have you had any interest in this? Surprised if not, it's a cracking (if bloody heavy!) combo - addition of castors is a must IMO. Have a free bump :)[/quote]

I once enquired about having castors fitted to my old one (since sold it to a mate) but Trace advised against it, claiming the vibration in transit could damage the valve stage. To be honest, given the weight, I think I'd have taken the chance. :huh: They are indeed very good combos; extremely punchy.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' post='269504' date='Aug 25 2008, 02:19 PM']I once enquired about having castors fitted to my old one (since sold it to a mate) but Trace advised against it, claiming the vibration in transit could damage the valve stage. To be honest, given the weight, I think I'd have taken the chance. :huh: They are indeed very good combos; extremely punchy.[/quote]

Interesting.... Neither of my V-Types have suffered. Yet. :)

[quote name='bassbloke' post='269584' date='Aug 25 2008, 04:41 PM']No interest, which is a shame. He's put it back in storage for the time being and will try again when the 2nd hand market improves.[/quote]

Shame indeed.