Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: SKC Bogart 5-String headless 36" scale (very early model)
£900

green

[size=5][color=#ff0000][i][b]SOLD FOR £825[/b][/i][/color][/size]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]Hi.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]Gotta put this beauty up for sale.[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]It's very rare SKC Bogart headless bass from the early days of the company, early '90s. What makes it so special is, that it's a 36" scale bass. Incredibly tight sounding, and still the bass is short enough to fit a guitar gig bag. And of course it balances very well!!![/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]The owner of the company told me, that he just built a few of these, so it truly is a rare occasion to buy one of these.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]Here come the specs:[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- blackstone body (some secret composite material)[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- woven graphite neck[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- phenowood fingerboard w/ zero fret[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- Bartolini hum cancelling single coil pickups[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- early model Kurandt preamp (2band, 9V)[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- Schaller security locks[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- weight: only 3.9kg[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]- string spacing @ bridge: 18.3mm which is 0.72 inches[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]You can pay via money transaction or via paypal. If you worry about sending money to a complete stranger, I could put this bass up on german ebay, and you can buy it from there (100% positive feedback there). Although this would cost maybe 115 euros ebay fees... I'd leave that up to the buyer.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma]If there are any questions or price quotes, just drop me a message.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=Georgia,][font=Tahoma] [/font][/font][/color]

Edited by green

i'm not sure if kai eckhart used bogarts. i know that he used schack basses, which were built with carbon parts from SKC, who make the bogart bass.
this one really is a rare find, and it's in a superb condition.

they were not only possibly connected, but SKC (who have the bogart model) made the necks for the early clovers. maybe you heard of jens ritter basses ? there were a few early models that had carbon necks, and those were made by SKC, too.

[quote name='green' timestamp='1420750410' post='2653095']
they were not only possibly connected, but SKC (who have the bogart model) made the necks for the early clovers. maybe you heard of jens ritter basses ? there were a few early models that had carbon necks, and those were made by SKC, too.
[/quote]
We had one of those on the forum for sale wayyyy back in 2007. It had a fluff finish too.

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1420764668' post='2653301']
Ok thanks. !

Can you divulge any more detail? How wide / narrow it can be adjusted?
[/quote]

Just measured it: The string spacing can be adjustet between the extremes of 16.7mm and 18.3mm.
I just like the wide spacing, so that's why it's at the widest setting right now.

[quote name='green' timestamp='1420764897' post='2653302']

Just measured it: The string spacing can be adjustet between the extremes of 16.7mm and 18.3mm.
I just like the wide spacing, so that's why it's at the widest setting right now.
[/quote]

Thanks for that. Is that control plate covering a cavity or can it be removed?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You're welcome, Dazed.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The control plate is covering the electronic compartment. That's the way it was on the very early Bogart models. Shortly after that, cavity was changed, so there was access from the back, while the plate on the front was omitted. [/font][/color]

Edited by green

Thanks Ray. The string spacing really is very comfortable. I'm not into narrow spacings myself, while too wide isn't comfortable either. This seems to be the perfect spacing to make it feel comfortable, at least for me...