Why become a member? ×

Sidewynder @ The Peel, Kingston Upon Thames

redzombie

It's our first gig tomorrow, wish us luck :) We play heavy rock originals, might throw in a cover at the end though, if we have time. You can listen to our rough bedroom demos here - [url="http://www.myspace.com/sidewyndermusic"]Sidewynder myspace page.[/url]
We're first on of three bands. The other two are [url="http://www.myspace.com/daddys_little_secret"]Daddy's Little Secret[/url] and [url="http://www.myspace.com/solsikk"]Solsikk[/url] (click band names for websites).

Come and rock out with us, even if you don't like the music, there's always the strip bar next door! :huh:

Admission is £6

Doors open 7.30pm

160 Cambridge Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Surrey, KT1 3HH

020 8546 3516

That's a surprise - I was listening to your myspace earlier!

My girlfriend's daughter phoned up this morning and said you were really good last night so I checked out your page. Some very good bass playing there.

Sounds like it was quite a successful first gig. :)

Edited by Musky

Thanks man, glad you like our stuff, thanks for the compliment! :)

I thought the gig was a great success overall, the turn out wasn't bad and the crowd were wonderful. It's very flattering when someone enjoys our peformance, so it's nice to hear of your GF's daughter's kind words about us. Glad she enjoyed the gig :huh:

The headlining band seemed like nice guys too, which always helps, though the other band had to pull out due to unforseen circumstances. Unfortunately I missed most of Solsikk's set due to having to take our gear back early (not my idea). What I did get to see was damn good though!

We're playing at the Watershed in Wimbledon on Aug 29th, if you fancy checking us out live.

Thanks again mate :huh:

Good luck RedZombie

- just a quick question - how did you get the gig at The Peel? My band would love to play there (would make a change from the Camden/Kings Cross Bermuda triangle) but they have so far ignored all our MySpace messages and emails. Suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='264421' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:35 AM']Good luck RedZombie

- just a quick question - how did you get the gig at The Peel? My band would love to play there (would make a change from the Camden/Kings Cross Bermuda triangle) but they have so far ignored all our MySpace messages and emails. Suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Probably best to pop along Clarky. They've got rehearsal studios there too and one of the guys offered us an audition for the pub. We did just that and got invited to play.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='264493' date='Aug 18 2008, 12:55 PM']Probably best to pop along Clarky. They've got rehearsal studios there too and one of the guys offered us an audition for the pub. We did just that and got invited to play.[/quote]
Thanks Nick - trouble is I won't get the other two guys down there on spec (both are in North East London). Might just mosey along myself with a CD.

PS See you sold UL115 - would love to hear about IEM

Sorry Redzombie to go off topic - won't do it again!

[quote name='Clarky' post='264529' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:23 PM']Thanks Nick - trouble is I won't get the other two guys down there on spec (both are in North East London). Might just mosey along myself with a CD.

PS See you sold UL115 - would love to hear about IEM

Sorry Redzombie to go off topic - won't do it again![/quote]

Yep, went to a good home. I've played 2 gigs with IEM's now and it feels weird and not quite right (like fancying your friend's Mum). Both the guitarists agreed too (about the IEM's that is), so I think we'll see how we get on with it a bit longer. Some of the venues we've got lined up are not going to be able to take the full PA so I wonder if it's all going to sound a bit weedy.

Apologies for digressing Redzombie.

[quote name='Musky' post='264418' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:29 AM']I didn't even know you were supporting - she didn't mention the headliners, so I guess it was you that impressed the most. :)

I'll try to make your next gig.[/quote]

Both great to hear, would be nice to meet a fellow member of the Basschat community! :huh:

[quote name='Clarky' post='264529' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:23 PM']Sorry Redzombie to go off topic - won't do it again![/quote]

lol, not a problem, Clarky. Chat OT to yr heart's desire! (so long as the mods don't have a problem) :huh:

We got our Peel gig by emailing George - peelbookings (at) hotmail (dot) com - with our myspace page, contact name and number and ages. Saying that though, we've all played there before in previous bands, so I'm not sure how much that helped.

Also, another venue you might want to try around the same area is Wimbledon's 'The Watershed' - [url="http://www.watershedlive.com/contact/"]http://www.watershedlive.com/contact/[/url]

It's a cool venue, with a decent PA and a nice bunch of guys running the show. They'll also provide a backline and drums for you, if you don't want to lug yr gear half way across London.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :huh:

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='264566' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:52 PM']Apologies for digressing Redzombie.[/quote]

Not a problem :huh:

Edited by redzombie