Why become a member? ×

Rylynn

E_MaN

Stumbled upon this this morning, and couldn't believe how great it was.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg5TaS4EIVE&feature=rec-fresh"]Rylynn[/url]

Manring plays a great ambience behind the music, letting the guitars to the melody, however I feel I would of liked some more support work done by him, but a great tune anyways!

[quote name='Oscar South' post='258053' date='Aug 8 2008, 01:25 PM']I love how the youtube kids claim hes using a midi cello sound.[/quote]

Last week I saw someone had written that Manring had all his tune changes programmed into a box and that him flicking the de-tuners was a show....sums up yootoobkids

[quote name='BigRedX' post='258413' date='Aug 8 2008, 07:14 PM']That's a wonderful piece of music. Is Manring using an Ebow at the end?[/quote]

It is indeed a wonderful piece of music, and yes, it seems that Manring is using an ebow. Always been facinated by then, but never quite sure of what they do!!!

I love it when Manring comes in at 1.01!!! Great

Edited by E_MaN

It makes the string vibrate using magnetic induction in conjunction with the pickups. Not so easy to use on the bass because the unit is designed to rest on the two strings either side of the string it's driving on a guitar. The wider string spacing means you have to hold it in place. I'm sure at one point there was a bass version, but can't find any details now...

[quote name='Alun' post='258480' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:37 PM']Looking forward to seeing McKee and Ross ( although sadly not Mr Manring) in October :)

Oct 20 in Blackwood Miner's Institute ( not far from Cardiff, Newport or Caerphilly) for those who may be interested.

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

Easy to get to from Bristol? Still tickets available?

[quote name='E_MaN' post='258578' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:55 PM']Easy to get to from Bristol? Still tickets available?[/quote]

Not too difficult, about 45 mins as it's a little way off the M4.

Tickets available from 01495 227206, website is here - [url="http://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/bmi/english/home.html"]http://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/bmi/english/home.html[/url]

I'll be the one with the bored looking girlfriend :)

Cheers
Alun