Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a Power Supply Unit!

NancyJohnson

Any supply that has isolated grounds on each output eliminates ground hum that can occur when daisy chaining pedals - they're expensive, but if you'e got the money they can be worth it. Otherwise something like the 1spot with a daisy chain is OK, and much cheaper.

My Small Board has a Pedal Power 2 on it. It's great, but you fast run out of connectors if you need high current or high voltage pedals.

My large board has the Gigrig System. Power Generator, distributors and isolators etc.

It's not cheap when you get all the bits you need but it's been bullet proof and it will even power the most stupidly demanding pedals. It's a brilliant product.

I have lots of high current pedals, and at a rough guess a complete battery change on my big board would cost about £80. So I was very happy to use about 3 battery change funds for a Gigrig set up.

• 1 month later...

Pedal Power 2 Plus - I was sceptical that it would make much difference compared to running loads of wallwarts and a warwick power supply i have. I wish I had got it sooner, reliability is excellent and a couple of my effects are far far quieter than they used to be.