Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Black bitsa Precision - MIJ Fender body, Mighty Mite maple Jazz neck, 62 re-issue pup.
£275

Paul S

This was my main gigging bass until I got my beloved 32" P, making this now redundant.

I bought this here around 2 1/2 years ago and have made a few changes on and off since - played hokey cokey with a P retro and various pickups and bridges. It is now a straightforward Precision bass that has quality bits where it matters. Black MIJ Fender mid 90s body, Mighty Mite Jazz neck with 70s style Fender Precision decal, 62 re-issue Fender Original pickup, original wiring, shielded cavities, original BBOT bridge and tuners - no idea if they are Fender or not but they work just fine. It is lightweight at around 8.5lbs, sounds just like you'd expect. The body is scruffy, quite a few dings, scratches and 'funny' patches. Neck was almost new when it went on but had different tuners fitted at some point which has left holes behind. Scratchplate has a small hole in it where the LED from a P retro was once fitted.

Overall it has the look of a 70s Precision in, to my eyes, the nicest colour combination for a Fender Precision. It is a good, reliable workhorse that sounds just exactly like an old Fender Precision should sound like - currently fitted with decent flats for a woody thump but rounds will give it some bite. Scruffy (did I mention that already?) or, if you prefer, a superbly genuine roadworn bass.

I am asking £275 collected from SS7, meet halfway or delivered within 30 miles for fuel. £25 for next day courier to mainland UK. Further afield please ask me and I'll endeavour to find out.

Payment via bank transfer or Paypal if you cover the fees.

[attachment=178118:pbass1.jpg][attachment=178119:pbass2.jpg][attachment=178120:pbass3.jpg][attachment=178121:pbass4.jpg][attachment=178122:pbass5.jpg][attachment=178123:pbass6.jpg][attachment=178124:pbass7.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

Not exactly, not isolated. But I used this bass for recording the first 4 tracks on this playlist. A simple affair, just an 8 track recorder in a church hall! Straight out the back of my Genz Benz Streamliner.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/spracks/sets/illegal-tender"]https://soundcloud.com/spracks/sets/illegal-tender[/url]