Why become a member? ×

New Bass day. Ibanez SR300M

tom1946

Ok so they collected it yesterday after asking me to spray the mid pot with switch cleaner, the pot is clearly sha**ed so it's gone back.
I was a bit shocked at the shoddy soldering in the cavity so I'm not replacing it, just getting a refund. I'm really disappointed because I loved playing it.

Bugger. :(

Tom i feel your pain there. I'd love an SR500M in White, but they don't make 'em anymore.

You could try getting one from a slightly more 'hands-on' shop so they can check and repair if required before sending out to you... Some of these online places are just box shifters - which keeps the price down, but basically its a replacement/refund or back to factory for repair when something goes wrong.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1418394795' post='2629882']
Dunno Hugh, I really fell for it but I can't deal with rosewood fretboards, the SR500 is similar but no colour choice with maple. Not sure which way to jump. :(
[/quote]

Could you not buy another and have someone in the know give the electronics a once over - maybe upgrade the pots while they're at it? It shouldn't cost too much, and it's such a shame to have to abandon an instrument you seemed to click with so well.

Ah well, rang my new friend at Gear FM and ordered another one exactly the same. Free saturday delivery too B)
Also cheaper again, just £229 this time! :o winnar....

I can send it back FOC within 28 days for any reason. Great to deal with as they picked it up the same day that I rang them which is exceptional in my book.

I'll report back, fingers crossed. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I have an older SR300 which has been a good bass though it appears the tone knob is frozen now. Just bought a SR700 (a sort of Christmas present to myself with help from the gf and son) and I love it. Been playing it through a Zoom B3 and my practice amp the last couple of days and can't wait until Tuesday when I can plug it into my gig amp and play with the guys.

I love the feel of the SR line.