Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Combustion 5 Mint Condition - SOLD (Traded)
£950

Woodinblack

This is a 2009 Dingwall combustion in very good condition, certainly near mint

This was bought in the forum 6 months ago, and is a thing of wonder. Here is the original advert:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/232767-withdrawn-dingwall-combustion-5-mint-condition/"]http://basschat.co.u...mint-condition/[/url]

This bass is great, the fan fret thing is not an issue after the first 5 minutes (although I never really noticed that it took 5 minutes).
The only reasons I am getting rid of it is that I have joined a new group and need a different sound, so I want a G&L 5 string, and frankly as an ibanez player, the neck is a bit wide for me. I could live with that if it was the right sort of sound.

Heres the details:

[b]SPECIFICATIONS:[/b][list]
[*]Dingwall made in Canada FD3 pickups - (now upgraded to B Booster pickups)
[*]EMG USA BT07 2-band pre-amp,
[*]Dingwall USA strings
[*]Alder body - 3 tone sunburst
[*]Optional Grey Pearloid pickguard (£45 option)
[*]Rosewood Fingerboard – 37" - 34" scale
[*]Bone nut
[*]Banjo frets
[*]NOVAX® FANNED-FRET SYSTEM
[*]Five piece maple neck
[*]Controls - Volume, Volume, Treble, Bass
[*]Weight 3.9kg/8lb 10oz
[/list]
This really is in very good condition and is a great bass to play, even if not really in the group I am with, so if it doesn't sell I will sell the other stuff I have and get my G&L that way.

Would prefer local pickup or inspection but happy to post to the UK (not abroad, not interested in doing that) for a bank transfer.

Not that interested in trades, unless you have a G&L 2500 (L or M but not orange!), or some other very special 5 string, such as an ibanez premier / prestige.

Edited by Woodinblack

Now its a new years bump. Will go down a little if anyone is interested, still looking for G&L M2500 if any around.

Had a few offers but nothing I particularly wanted apart from someone who appeared to change his mind after I thought we had an agreement without mentioning it to me. I guess its not just eBay where you get that sort of people, so probably will go to eBay with this soon in the new year if there is no interest.

• 3 weeks later...

I will probably put this on eBay this week as a buy it now, which means I am going to lose 10% in fees, so if anyone wants it with that 10% now is the time to say!
That makes it about £860

Have been playing it a bit more this week reminding me just how good it is. The fan frets don't cause any issues, the sound is different from quite a lot of other basses (actually all of my other basses), flatter I suppose, very consistant sound though, generally use it with the Hartke bass attack which brings out more than the other basses have.

The neck is lovely, very shallow, although I find it quite wide at the dusty end, but then I don't like P Bass necks as I find them too wide, so that is probably just me!