Why become a member? ×

Peavey Millennium 5 *USA*. Mint. Gold Sparkle. What's not to like? SOLD.
£550

funkle

Hi all

Up for a sale a real rarity this side of the pond, a Peavey Millennium USA 5. Definitely not to be confused with the BXP Millenniums made in Indonesia etc.

Perfect working order. Gold sparkle colour, straight neck, frets in excellent condition, no bumps or dings, comes with Peavey hard case in great condition. Freshly strung and set up with a medium low action with D'Addario Nickels.

Sounds great; it's light, well balanced; turns out I'm just used to the neck on my Modulus Q5 and having 24 frets. Need the cash for studio stuff...so...to the specs.

USA made, specs as follows:[list]
[*]Eastern Maple satin finish neck with Pau Ferro fingerboard (15" radius) and graphite reinforcement
[*]35" scale with 21 frets
[*]Alder body
[*]1 x MM style and 1 x Jazz Peavey VFL active pickups
[*]Active 18v 3 band preamp with mid sweep control
[*]Hipshot low mass tuners
[*]Quadra-Just Hipshot bridge with 3 way adjustable saddles
[*]Truss rod adjustable by wheel - as for EBMM basses - no allen keys needed
[*]Through bridge and through body stringing
[*]Graphtech Tusq nut
[*]Dunlop Straploks
[*]17.5mm string spacing (adjustable)
[*]Nut width 1.82" at nut (45.72mm), coming out to 62.21mm at 12th fret, and 68.36mm at 21st fret (measured with digital callipers)
[*]Nut depth 20.37mm at 1st fret, depth coming out to 22.19mm at 12th fret (measured with digital callipers)
[*]Weight 9 lbs
[/list]
This is probably the slimmest 5 string neck I have played - both in terms of depth front-to-back and in terms of overall width. I didn't get on with bigger 5 string necks and 19mm spacing (e.g. Lakland 5er spacing and neck dimensions). If you don't either, this is perfect for you.

These were pretty expensive new, and the ones on eBay I have seen from Peavey UK were selling around £900 for a 4 string. I'm asking a far more bargainous[b] [s]£550 shipped in the UK[/s][/b][s].[/s] [b]SOLD. [/b]I will ship anywhere though you have to get in touch with me to sort out shipping quotes etc. USA made quality for the price of a Korean Skyline.

I have taken a variety of photos and included a pic from the seller I got it from too, just to try and give an idea of the way the gold sparkle looks in various lighting conditions.

Pete

Edited by funkle

I'm enjoying the Peaveys alright but there's just so many of them :)

Had a sort out of the spareroom today and realised there's only space for 1 more bass :o

Lucky for me I've more than enough 5 strings and I know exactly what'll take the last space.

Can't see this cracker hanging about for long.