Why become a member? ×

Band Contracts

NJE

I am sure I have seen a thread on band contracts somewhere but I cant find anything specifically when I do a search, so apologies if this has been covered.

I play in two bands that are starting to get bigger gigs and play more frequently and I was wondering if your bands use contracts when playing corporate gigs, weddings, festivals etc? If so where did you get the contract framework from or did you just write your own?

I know MU have a basic template but I was wondering if anyone used another one just so I can go back to the guys and gals in the band with some options.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by NJE

Generally not as we tend not to be a band from a website type booking. They have been referred by friends or good contacts
so an e-mail chain is good enough after the initial phone call. If we get the impression the gig is a bit chancey, then we don't want
to be doing it anyway.

We do all the time for the function band.

PM me your email addy and I'll send a sample of ours.

Do need to look at having / doing T&C's and check them with a solicitor to make sure you're saying / doing things the right way.
We have them, but then they're done to suit our particular way of working and may not be right for you.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1417176757' post='2617776']
Generally not as we tend not to be a band from a website type booking. They have been referred by friends or good contacts
so an e-mail chain is good enough after the initial phone call. If we get the impression the gig is a bit chancey, then we don't want
to be doing it anyway.
[/quote]

That is how all of my band have worked up until now, usually friends of friends etc but we are aiming to do some function/events work with a well known venue so I think we need to look into having something solid.

We also did a gig recently where there was not enough power for us (generator) and we couldn't play after travelling all the way to the gig and sitting around for 4 hours. We should have had full fee but we didn't get anything and I don't want to be in that position again.

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1417179746' post='2617840']
We do all the time for the function band.

PM me your email addy and I'll send a sample of ours.

Do need to look at having / doing T&C's and check them with a solicitor to make sure you're saying / doing things the right way.
We have them, but then they're done to suit our particular way of working and may not be right for you.
[/quote]

That is really kind, thanks very much. I won't just rip yours off I am just looking for what kind of thing people include and cover in their contracts. PM on the way!