Why become a member? ×

straplocks to fit a sterling

Mic

[quote name='Mic' post='255625' date='Aug 5 2008, 05:53 PM']does anyone know what straplocks i need to fit my sterling?

i have schaller ones but they dont fit.

cheerz[/quote]

Are you sure that they are locking pins that you have fitted? Only reason I ask is that I had a Sterling which I thought had a locking system but it turns out that they were the standard strap buttons that just happened to look like locking pins :)

Check out the EB forum but I'm sure that if this does have locking pins and they were fitted from new, then EB basses have their own sized fittings.

yea i was trying to push the straplocks onto the strap buttons fitted to the bass.
i dont think the straplocks have locking pins. they push over the buttons from the side but the buttons are to big.

did you use straplocks in the end?

cheerz

Edited by Mic

The standard strap buttons that come on sterlings ARE NOT compatible with any current straplock systems. You'll have to swap the buttons out with schallers/dunlops/whatever, it's not a big mod. However to put your mind slightly at ease, Ernie Ball have come out with some new strap locks and they'd be ideal because the screws they use are exactly the same size as the ones the stock strap buttons you get so you don't have to worry about cracking the wood.

Incidentally i used dunlops on my SUB bass, the screws are slightly larger but i thought f*** it, it'll be fine and didn't bother drilling the holes a bit bigger, just screwed them straight in and they're fine, same with my tobias.

Edited by budget bassist