Why become a member? ×

Feeler for Squier P5 SOLD SOLD SOLD

squire5

I have a Squier Precision 5 which I have finally decided to part with due to the fact that the neck is too wide for my old arthritic hands.It's dark metallic Green in colour,white s/plate and has 2 Seymour D SJB5 pups installed.A killswitch has been fitted.Condition is very very good,with 1 or 2 minor dings.I would swap for a good Jazz neck,with hardware.PS - the headstock does NOT say Squier,it says something else,beginning with 'F'.Shhh![attachment=11611:squier_5.jpg]

Edited by squire5

[quote name='BassManKev' post='255569' date='Aug 5 2008, 04:57 PM']what happened to the p part?[/quote]

They come with J pickups - someone told me its because a 5 string split coil is too expensive and fiddly to set up for the cheap basses.

Good luck with the sale Squier5, I have just bought one second hand in the same colour scheme. I like the neck that big and have just fitted a set of Wizard Customs on it, although it did take a couple of sets to get it right!

Free bump from me!

Bargain, IMHO. If only you'd been selling this two months ago!

I paid £100, it had stock pups and I had to meet the guy to collect it.

If I could afford it right now (and wasn't afraid of Mrs HH) I would buy it and have as a second to really mod (ie paint etc).

Have another free bump from me!

[quote name='cai!' post='262645' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:24 PM']do you have any more pics? and how much were the SD pickups?[/quote]
[attachment=12227:p5bass_003.jpg][attachment=12228:p5bass_005.jpg]

Heres a couple more guys,this time with the SDs installed and the killswitch.I got the pups from a guy in the States on Talkbass.com.Cost me £40 s/h but are working fine.You can see what I mean by the (cough)modified headstock.[attachment=12229:p5bass_010.jpg]