Why become a member? ×

Affordable 1975 Bass

sbrag

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1421275316' post='2659414']
Did they make any worthy basses in 1989? Am I stuck with hunting out mundane instruments? Was this a fallow period for Fender or are they, and myself by proxy, not considered vintage yet?
[/quote]

I have the same problem. Whenever i search Basses For Sale section, i usually come up with Stingrays or Warwicks. Were Stingray's good in the late 80s?

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1416660302' post='2612386']
I was born in 62 and have already written to the National Lottery asking them to fund a YOB bass
[/quote]

A 1967 Hofner Verithin that I've owned since I was about 22. You might guess which year I was born :)

[attachment=181059:hofner_sml.jpg]

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1421275316' post='2659414']
Did they make any worthy basses in 1989? Am I stuck with hunting out mundane instruments? Was this a fallow period for Fender or are they, and myself by proxy, not considered vintage yet?
[/quote]
it makes me feel old when people claim 80s guitars are vintage but I guess they have a point. the main difference as I see it with 80s basses and mid 70s was that serial numbers are in much better shape in the 80s. With the exception of the big brands (fender gibson ric etc) 1975 seems to be tricky for accurate dating of the makes which have been suggested to me here,ibanez greco shergold etc where as I'd guess there is more choice of more consistant quality and accuatly datable in 1989. Anything from a wal to a westone depending on your budget.