Why become a member? ×

SOld.
£1500

ambient

I've not had this too long. I was really after a fretless Modulus Quantum 6 string, which are pretty rare. My idea was to buy this and get it de-fretted, I didn't do that, simply because it's too nice a bass.

Anyway. I already have a fretted 6 string that I love (really), my Modulus Quantum. I need a 6 string fretless, this time I'm going to wait and get a Modulus.

So, here is my Zon Sonus custom 6 string bass for sale.

It features an ash body, with spalted maple facing.

A 24 fret carbon fibre neck, with an incredibly low action. This has a very highly figured phenowood fretboard, this had been mistaken for an ebony fretboard.

Twin Bartolini pickups, and Zon's own 3 band active preamp, with volume and pickup blend.

The string spacing is a very comfortable 16.5mm, and the scale length is 34".

It has a very distinctive yet versatile sound. It's far more 'alive' sounding than my Modulus. The Modulus is incredible, but you have to coax the sounds out of it, they're just there with this bass,

This track here was recorded with my Zon, everything is the Zon in fact, no keyboards or samples etc. The melody bit just has a bit of chorus and some reverb on it, excuse the playing. The pads are again the Zon, but played with an eBow.

[url="https://an-ending-ascend.bandcamp.com/track/such-a-lonely-place"]https://an-ending-as...-a-lonely-place[/url]

Here's a photo of it.

[attachment=175827:post-59-1196424988.jpg]

Condition is pretty much perfect, there are no links or dents, scratches or there blemishes that I can find.

It comes with a Zon gig bag.

My only trade would be a Modulus Quantum 6 string fretless bass.

The bass is in Birmingham, but can be bought to London quite easily.

Edited by ambient

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1415666268' post='2602614']
That fingerboard is magnificent, I do love the woods they use for Zon fingerboards. Great ambience.
[/quote]
[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1415692389' post='2602660']
What a lovely looking bass... I was very tempted by this when it was up a couple of months back.
[/quote]

It's a fantastic bass, I was recording with it yesterday afternoon.

It's just so easy to play.

I need a fretless though, and as I explained, I couldn't in the end, go ahead with the de-fret of this, which was the whole point in buying it in the first place. I really love carbon fibre necks, the stability of them, and resonance and inherent sound is perfect for what I do.

:)

Edited by ambient