Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ampeg B-15 Heritage Ltd Edition. USA Handwired + best TUBES.
£3300

markorbit

NOW SOLD...
A feeler as I need to fund some solar panels... offers welcome.

I have a Ampeg Heritage B15 from the first and only limited European run. There were only 100 of these made, all with numbered plate and only a few trickled into the UK. These are not the same as the B15N widely available today which has a black fascia, is PCB based (I think) and costs around £2800. This Heritage B15 fliptop is handwired in the USA and uses high-quality hand-selected tubes. The amp had a retail price of £4995 and a street price of at least £4000 (average seemed to be around £4400).

I currently have it boxed up so photos may take a few days. There are very light scuffs on the lid from shipping (annoying but it was like that when I got it). Depending on the light you may see these or not, they are not major at all and when the combo is in use they are of course on the underside of the lid which is no longer visble. It's really nothing at all but if you look closely they are there.

Anyway, the amp sounds fantastic, looks cool as heck with the black checked tolex and can switch between 1964 or 1966 valve preamps before running to the valve power stage.

It's totally tubelicious. It's got to be as close to the holy grail as it gets. It would be ideal for a recording studio.

Here's the Ampeg blurb - [url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/heritage/b-15/"]http://www.ampeg.com.../heritage/b-15/[/url]

Not looking for any trades at the moment, thanks.

Edited by markorbit

I know these are expensive but they sound absolutely wonderful. I was able to try one when they first came out in the USA and was only kicked off when Daryl Jones wanted to try it:)

Fantastic recording amp and well worth a try if anyone is after a truly classic tone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...