Why become a member? ×

Flightcase - designed for Trace Elliot heads, will probably fit Ashdown, Warwick etc too :)

Flightcasewarehouse.co.uk flightcase, made in 2006 for my Trace AH300-12 head, which I haven't owned for almost a year...

[b]Internal Dimensions[/b]
H14 x D37 x W48cm

In pretty good nick really, it's sat in a cupboard unused for about 18 months, since I took the head out of it and used the case as a cunning space-waster.

Brand new it was £160, I'm looking for [size=1][i](2009 edit)[/i][/size] £35+shipping ono.

Pics:

[attachment=11510:DSC00067.JPG]

[attachment=11509:DSC00066.JPG]

[attachment=11511:DSC00068.JPG]

Edited by Merton

[quote name='voxpop' post='253382' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:40 PM']Hi ,
How many units is it?

Thanks[/quote]

Hello! No idea - it doesn't have a rack in it. I guess you could fit one and fit 2 or 3 units in. My TE head was 2U high but that excluded the wooden sleeve, so I reckon 3U is a good bet.

[quote name='overwater#1' post='253384' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:42 PM']Hey Mert! Will it take my AH400SMX, with the UV? I can't remember whether yours had UV in it? If it will fit.. whack it in the post now!! :)[/quote]

Sadly I doubt it will fit, the head I had was a fair bit smaller than your 400SMX. Sorry dude!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Very exact give or take a mm or so, that's the external dimensions of the old Trace head I had and it fitted this like a glove. These dimensions are from the foam edges if that makes sense - if you need a few more mm or cm it can probably be squashed/cut to accomodate :)

[quote name='Merton' post='718321' date='Jan 19 2010, 08:07 PM']Very exact give or take a mm or so, that's the external dimensions of the old Trace head I had and it fitted this like a glove. These dimensions are from the foam edges if that makes sense - if you need a few more mm or cm it can probably be squashed/cut to accomodate :)[/quote]

Hmm very tempted, bit of a risk though I guess.

My Burman MPA preamp is 49cm wide 17cm tall and 30cm deep.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='718345' date='Jan 19 2010, 08:24 PM']Hmm very tempted, bit of a risk though I guess.

My Burman MPA preamp is 49cm wide 17cm tall and 30cm deep.[/quote]
Hmmmm, I reckon that might be too tight, not sure how easy it would be to chop 1.5cm off the top and bottom...

[quote name='Moos3h' post='718466' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:44 PM']Am I being a simpleton? How does an amp bolt in? Or doesn't it? I have a Warwick WAMP 300, would it fit that do you think? I'm struggling to get measurements for mine as I can't find a tape measure. Argh![/quote] Is it a rackmount head? This case was designed for a head in a wooden sleeve so no bolting in like a rack, it was just an incredibly snug, cushioned fit :)

[quote name='Moos3h' post='718837' date='Jan 20 2010, 11:35 AM']Ah, I'll see if my ears come off then, and measure. If it fits, I could be interested as the thing is a pain to transport otherwise.

Thanks,
James[/quote]
I have a picture somewhere of my LH500 in this, that is a rackmount head; the ears help it fit perfectly width-wise, but depending on the amp (I guess yours is a 2U?) then you'll have to find a way to pad the amp a lot on top or bottom...