Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GVB - Gerald Veasley 6 string - with Mods **SOLD**
£500

Dood

I want another Dingwall! There, I said it. I need to get a bass together for some serious drop tuning and I can't at this time look at my usual custom build.

So, I am putting up my Ibanez GVB for sale, but I need to make very clear what I am offering and why the price is a bit on the low side!

The bass, as you'll see in the pictures below originally had this spec:

[attachment=174117:Screenshot 2014-10-19 12.24.57.png]

I then upgraded the pickups and electronics to Delano Soapbars which sounded great, but not really my thing. I installed an East SP preamp too which is just a superb piece of kit.

I still managed to keep it completely stock looking like the above. This is just an image I grabbed off the web.

So, that's where things changed! I had a plan based on the Dingwall 5/3 models to install three pickups instead of just two. I bought three EMG 40DC pickups and had a local professional luthier rout out the section of wood between the two pickups. The rout is the same height and depth as the Bartolini P2/ Delano pickups that came out and is very neat and tidy.

Next up as you'll see in the pictures, to allow me to move the EMG pickups around, a temporary dark wood 'frame' was installed because the EMG pickups are not as tall as the Bart P2's. This frame is completely removable with no damage should that be required. It allowed me to push all three pickups up away from the bridge so that the pickup closest to the bridge had a bit more low end making it more useable on it's own in my opinion.

Although the East circuit will be included with the bass for you to do what ever you wish with, the current harness (which I have installed using quick release connectors, like EMG use) is completely removable without any soldering iron work. It is a passive set of switches, a passive tone control and a master volume. The switches allow for all combinations of pickup configuration.

So my plan is this: If you are interested in the bass as is, then that's fine. It sounds superb! However, if you'd prefer the bass returned back to stock as much as possible then I will source a pair of P2 sized pickups, come up with a preamp solution too. (The East circuit I guess!!) Further more I will look at 'filling the gap' between the pickups. I think a good inclusion would be a ramp between the pickups. It won't of course be invisible!!

Pictures of my bass as it is at the moment:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:162358]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:162357]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:153883]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:153882]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:153881]

I must also bring your attention to the only mark on the bass. There is a scratch next to the volume control on the above picture. I've been informed that it can be buffed out easily.

Hi! Ahhh yes Andy, this is the super chord monster! A very slick bass to play and yeah really comfortable.

FlippyFloop, thank you! I can tell you that it is just 4.6Kg and the balance of the instrument a very good, especially on strap owing to that upper horn. My jazz bass special is just 4Kg which is a light bass for sure, so this compares nicely considering.

Oh and those are Gotoh tuners as standard and I will leave the Schaller strap lock buttons on too.