Why become a member? ×

Jazz-funk drummer required.

jazzyvee

My drummer can't make a gig on 12th December 2014 and I'm having problems sourcing a dep for the gig who is also willing to make the self available for essential rehearsals.

I'd be grateful I'f anyone can put me in touch with someone suitable. The music for the gig is Grover Washington jr so it's mellow but with funky grooves in most of the tracks also some reggae feel is required too. The gig is being professionally multiTrack recorded and multi camera video shot as well so we need the show to be really tight musically and visually so I need a drummer who is prepared to learn the arrangements, give some priority to band rehearsals and not rely on busking through the arrangements.

The band is Birmingham based most rehearsals will be in the evening but some may be daytime.
Pm me please if you can point me to the right drummer.
If you can help, that would be fantastic.
Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

Facebook it in the Dep groups, but generally the good guys, or supposedly good guys, will
want the fee and exes and I get the impression the gig is a bit better than that, so you want
a good player but can't afford it ..??
Not meant as anything other that the way it is.... and the drummer will be playing the sellers market
card..and they being the seller.
If it were London or S/E I could maybe more help.
Best go young and keen....and cheap.. and state your rates on FB for 1x gig plus two rehearsals.

Thanks guys, after a number of young, non-starters, unavailable, not wanting to rehearse etc I have managed to get hold of a really good drummer. She is someone I'd seen at a gig few years ago and got in touch with her via the band leader. So all sorted and rehearsals start next week. Hopefully all works out well.

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thread can be closed now Admin[/font][/size]

Edited by jazzyvee