Why become a member? ×

German Hardware

bigthumb

[quote name='finnbass' post='27246' date='Jul 4 2007, 10:12 PM']Obviously they are not as endemic as Precisions, Jazzs ,Rickenbackers etc but....

If you drive a BMW you notice other BMWs. If you drive a Mercedes, you notice other Mercedes. I see loads of bass players using Warwicks, but I notice them because that's what I play. You notice people playing what you play.

What do you play?[/quote]

Nice one. bought a Rover and a week later the cylinder head gasket went on it, guy in work said if you had asked me i would have said don't buy it, it's the garage now getting fixed. all of a sudden alll i see on the road is Rovers like my mine! Jack Bruce seems to like Warwick, argue with him.

[quote name='finnbass' post='28173' date='Jul 7 2007, 01:24 AM']I'm sorry to hear that! :)

When you get it back..sell it!! Rovers are bad news in my experience :huh: But then again I spent a decade building Fords, so what do I know :huh:[/quote]

Rover keys are a bitch to cut,they fly out of the machines jaws an once one speared me in the neck,Sorry to say it but good riddance.

I agree about the cirrus,more over the Yamaha stuff.

[quote name='ARGH' post='28106' date='Jul 6 2007, 10:01 PM']Dave Ellefson the ex Megadeth guy.

John Taylor of Duran Duran was using them at the Diana gig.[/quote]

[quote name='finnbass' post='28122' date='Jul 6 2007, 10:32 PM']The other is a BXP Cirrus which is arguably the best VFM bass out there. Having said that, if I was due on Jools in ten minutes I'd probably grab a Warwick :)[/quote]

i have a Milenium BXP, the cirrus wannabie bass, having said that john compbell (i think that's what he's called) of LoG seems to prefer them- stange person! And i knew jonh taylor played them, he actually says on the peavey website that it was a 5 string he felt comfortable playing. It also says david ellefson i think.

[quote name='paul, the' post='28191' date='Jul 7 2007, 08:22 AM']From previous ones I had seen, I figured they skimped on wood grain choice with the thumb bolt-on. But that one looks lovely.[/quote]
It's funny you should mention wood grain. Has anyone else noticed that Warwick sometimes swap the grain of the wood 90 degrees for some instruments? My Thumb BO has a completely different grain to the pictured 'stock' Thumb BO on the website because the wood has been turned through 90 degrees (the top and bottom edges of my bass match the front detail on a normal bass). This wasn't a Custom Shop option as i've owned my bass from new.

I've also seen some Infinity SNs with the wenge fingerboard cut at 90 degrees so you get all those lovely tiger stripes down it. Mine is cut so that all of the gaps in the grain are visible. Anyone? Just me?

Here's the front of my bass. Still Ovangkol like any other Thumb BO:

[quote name='bigthumb' post='28261' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:36 AM']:) You dont see many BO Thumbs like that! They certainly didn't skimp on the wood for that one. You could be forgiven for thinking that it was a CS model. Its extremely nice :huh:[/quote]
Thankyou very much. I'm quite proud of it.