Why become a member? ×

I have Stingray GAS so bad

Pixiechick23

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of an Indonesian made Sub this week and am very impressed by how well put together it is. The action was too high for me but the neck relief was fine so a quick adjustment of the bridge saddles and it played a lot better. Love the neck shape, especially around the lower frets where it seems narrower and deeper than further up the fretboard. Only tried it running DI'd through Reaper with a little compression and light EQ but it sounded very usable. Bargain for £190 delivered, although I may have to order a thumb rest as I'm missing one something bad.

If I could have sold a couple of bits at short notice I'd probably have gone for the Ray 34 that was in the classifieds but this will do me nicely for now. But now I want to play a 'proper' Stingray to see what I'm missing out on :(

Just picked up a USA 5 string sub bass from pmt ..paint jobs okay it's blue in certain lights purple in others lose the checker plate pick guard and its awesome ...really was looking to get a classic 5 string but I'm wondering will it be worth the £1800,00 dent in my wallet ;(..
Also prefer the 2 eq ...

Edited by patrikmarky