Why become a member? ×

NBD Fretless maple board P bass , Fiesta red.

police squad

Should have posted this here first but for those that don't really bother with the general discussion forum, here's another Sting styled bass, from the 1980 world tour.

It's a Bravewood body, Genuine 1975 Fender bridge, Fender '62 re-issue pickups, Gotoh Machines, CTS pots and a switchcraft jack, with a neck from EYparts in Hong Kong.

I've stuck a Fender logo on it because the bass I've tried to recreate was a Fender. It's is not and never will be for sale.

Hope you like the Fiesta red and maple board. I think it's a lovely colour combo especially with the black guard

Edited by police squad

First gig with the new bass last night. It sounds fantastic. I was amazed just how good it was. More sustain than my MIJ Fender 70's reissue f/less and plenty of that classic thump. Need to adjust the pickup height as the bottom E was a tad louder than the rest and apart from a few acoustic rattles (the fingerboard isn't as flat as it could be) it was really good. I'm really pleased and that's 6 Sting basses in the tribute armoury including
70's natural, maple board fretless
'57 Bravewood replica of Sting's really beaten up main bass
White Spector Euro 4 SE5
Ibanez MC940 fretless
Steinberger XL2 (Sting's was an L2, but hey it's close)
and this Red bass.

Still to source, a 60's era jazz bass finished in shellac to look like his old Jazz from the old days
A hamer Blitz 8 string in Red (not that he liked it)
Maybe an Ibanez MC924 (the fretted one)

Don't you just love guitars