Why become a member? ×

My old Wal

Highfox

I just found a slide I scanned of my old Wal. I bought it used in about 83/84 the previous owner had stuck an extra pickup on it.
I used it for a good few years but ended up using it as part exchange for a new Warwick Streamer from the bass centre in Wapping 89. Couldn't afford to keep it at the time.
Funny how I ended up with the Warwick as I went looking for a Stingray at the time but they had none lol.

Ever wonder where your old basses ended up?

[url="https://flic.kr/p/oAScRe"][/url] (click click)

I often wonder what became of my old Wal too, maybe it's a Wal thing!
Mine was a Birdseye Maple unlined fretless, about the same period, in one of those funky brown cases.
Traded it for a Strat and a Vox amp at a shop in Sunderland just before I left home.....only thing I REALLY regret in life, but there you go!

I try not to think about my old Wal. Bought it in Monkey Business Romford 88/89 2nd hand for £500.
It was passive,leather scratchplate, xlr and standard jack.Sold for £250 plus a 76 SG.

Contacted the Wal owners group last year to see if they could shed any light on it.They reckoned it was one of the 1st 44 made
and they can account for 37 of those.Mine being one of the MIA.

Ouch