Why become a member? ×

Through body stringing

beerdragon

Well , it's got to change the sound in some way - however small. The arse end of the string is now tight up against a metal ferrule embedded in the body - rather than sitting jammed against a metal bridge that's screwed onto it.

Not sure if it's an advantage but obviously it's a difference. I suspect it will increase sustain so if you want increased sustain - yes , it's an advantage.

Only downside that springs to mind is that the wrappings on the head end of the string are now maybe an inch closer to the nut - and maybe close enough to touch it.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='248930' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:03 PM']Only downside that springs to mind is that the wrappings on the head end of the string are now maybe an inch closer to the nut - and maybe close enough to touch it.[/quote]

Like most problems in this world, that can be cured with a blade and fire.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='249057' date='Jul 27 2008, 07:00 PM']this has been covered before, I remember writing a lengthy post on it.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1074"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1074[/url][/quote]
And how come when you edit your posts it does not show?

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='249058' date='Jul 27 2008, 07:01 PM']Maybe you should have put it in the wiki :) :huh:[/quote]
I can pin it if I want.

And I just have.

Oooh, feel the power...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='249059' date='Jul 27 2008, 07:03 PM']And how come when you edit your posts it does not show?[/quote]
...1 4m 4dm1n, ph33r m1 3d1t1ng 5k17724x0rrrrr