Why become a member? ×

++SOLD++ JV Jazz ++SOLD++

obi 2 kenobi

Hi, 1983 JV jazz open to offers.

I've owned it since new. Practically my first bass I bought back in 1984 from the late CC Music in Glasgow.

Its been heavily customised over the years; respray, defret, and EMGs. All this work was done in the mid 80s by Jimmy Moon.

The EMGs are first generation top of the range. Cost £150 back in 85/86.

Rarely use this bass as I don't play fretless anymore and I have 'too many basses' (according to the wife).

Bass is light, and very well constructed. Even better than than my stingrays. No neck / body gaps. Neck is slim and straight. No issues at all.

Even if you're not a fretless player, you could get it refretted and have an instrument capable of mixing it with 1k jazzes for much less.

PM me for questions & other pics

Cheers, K
[attachment=11280:back.jpg]

[attachment=11279:front.jpg]

Edited by obi 2 kenobi

Do you have a ballpark figure in mind? These early JV series Squiers usually attract a good premium because they were so well put together, but as yours has been heavily modded to your own spec I wonder what value people will put on it?

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers

Gareth

[quote name='walbassist' post='250368' date='Jul 29 2008, 12:26 PM']Do you have a ballpark figure in mind? These early JV series Squiers usually attract a good premium because they were so well put together, but as yours has been heavily modded to your own spec I wonder what value people will put on it?

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

Hi, £400.

Cheers, K

• 4 weeks later...