Why become a member? ×

Eden WT800 amp and Eden cabs valuation

JTUK

Need some direction on some kit that a bass player friend owned and now his widow would like to sell them.
For Sale is

Eden WT800a

Eden 212

Eden 210

The cabs are pre- XLT so will be the original Eden spec. That will help date the kit
and she wants to sell them but does not know where to start.
I just need guide prices and then I might either put them up here on her behalf or just do a shop commission.

It seems like I might have got the job to prep them for sale so any help on guide prices would be appreciated,
I will probably go and collect them, buff them, test them and store them.

Thanks in advance

High quality gear which was highly priced. Resale value at the moment is low, so expect £500 for the head, £280 for the 2x12 and £250 for the 2x10, You could get a little more if you're prepared to wait it out. The head, although great sounding, is the least desirable due to the 'a' suffix suggesting it can only be bridged into 8 Ohms.

Thanks for that...

It appears that it will do 800 into 8ohms bridged which sounds very decent to me, and 400w into 4ohms stereo.
I think she would be very pleased if she could get £1k for it all.

I've used it before and it was great stuff in the day. I preferred the SWR sound back then but very little between
them and I felt people went with the sound bias they preferred from either. You were either an SWR fan of Eden Fan..??

This should be a really wonderful sounding set up.

The older Eden pre-XLT cabs have a warmer sound to my ears (something you can big up if you want in an advert), and a 2x10 paired with a 2x12 should be lush. My feeling is that you'd have to realistic about price. The newer and much lighter entrants to the high end cab market ( Barefaced, Aguilar, Schroeder) have made previous generations like Eden less desirable, even though they are excellent. I've seen an wt800 go for £400. Usual thing : gear losing value if its not in vogue

Soundwise though, I suspect whoever tries it will be happy bunny.

Good luck.