Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT OHM question

nash

[quote name='nash' post='247189' date='Jul 24 2008, 07:23 PM']yea sorry the CL/AV ok. well i may buy an 8ohm 2x10 to take to gigs if im using an 8ohm cab[/quote]

If you can afford too that tone would be worth it! Even if you just faced the 2x10 at your drummer or something :)

[quote name='ste_m3' post='247206' date='Jul 24 2008, 07:47 PM']I was supposed to just be referring just to the CL in my post, If thats not what i said, thats what i meant to say!![/quote]

yeah they both have the same 2ohm or 4ohm output (a very similar power stage circuit as well, so I’ve been lead to believe).
I've run my SVT-CL with a single 8ohm cab in the past but I didn’t run it at high levels as i didn’t really know if it would have been causing any damage. I’d definitely not recommend running it with an 8ohm cab at high levels for a prolonged period of time, or in other words, for a gig. Changing those power valves can be very expensive :wacko:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='247210' date='Jul 24 2008, 07:53 PM']yeah they both have the same 2ohm or 4ohm output (a very similar power stage circuit as well, so I’ve been lead to believe).
I've run my SVT-CL with a single 8ohm cab in the past but I didn’t run it at high levels as i didn’t really know if it would have been causing any damage. I’d definitely not recommend running it with an 8ohm cab at high levels for a prolonged period of time, or in other words, for a gig. Changing those power valves can be very expensive :wacko:[/quote]

MB1. :)
As the Man says!..... or theres gonna be very little change from £200!.... 2 OR 4s not 8!