Why become a member? ×

Fender Modern Player Short Scale Jazz Bass

great harry

the neck feels fast and slick to me, not sticky at all. The finish on the neck is very nice in my opinion, but I do prefer lacquered necks. The look and colour is almost identical to my pawnshop Mustang and MIJ 62 P reissue. Now I have restrung with flats the tone is very flexible and the output is on par with the 62 P. (my rig is TC BG250 208 with Ashdown VS112 extension cab) The amp I tried it though in the shop did nothing for it to be honest.
If anyone wants to try one, I'm in Bournemouth

Tried one out at PMT in Southend yesterday.

My impressions.

I was impressed by how light it was.

The neck seemed very short, even for a short scale.

The CAR looked great.

Compared to a regular jazz the body is much smaller.

Sounded great especially with just the p pup. I am beginning to wonder whether I should have bought a p or p/j rather than a jazz.

Build quality on the one I tried appeared excellent.

Overall I thought it a very nice instrument but possibly not for me. The neck just seemed too short, affecting playability ( I am 6'6"), although an hour or so of practice would probably sort that out. I did like the lightness of it though. I am still suffering from Sunday's 5 hour long practice session with my MP Jazz.

Edited by great harry

I will be taking mine along to the west sussex bass bash on the 31st of august if anyone wants a go, come along. also taking a few other short scales and amps

link
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237819-mini-bass-bash-in-west-sussex-sunday-31-august-2014/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237819-mini-bass-bash-in-west-sussex-sunday-31-august-2014/page__fromsearch__1[/url]