Why become a member? ×

Another IEM Question

Damonjames

Hey all just after a bit of advice really. I have been using ACS ER20's for about 18 months now and while I don't find the fit all that good (I have to keep pushing then back in) the hearing protection is great. I tried the noizezz ones that were about £15 quid and they were rubbish so I'm looking for an alternative. I wanted to get some custom moulded plugs, but then I'm concerned about the sound isolation, so started to think of IEM. There is a guy on eBay in the US that takes your shure IEM and he makes them into custom moulded ones. Looked at the samson 2 channell wired amp to power them, but then worry again about hearing the full mix in a love situation. Any thoughts on whether I am over thinking it all or if there are some low cost options to get around it!

If you're concerned about the isolation of IEMs, then maybe they are not for you. However, there are workarounds. Buy something expensive, like ACS T1 Lives, which have their own anti - isolation technology built in, or, much cheaper, put a spare mic at the back of the band facing outward.
Personally, I just like the peace and quiet of being isolated!
:)