Why become a member? ×

j&d jazz bass

jassbass

Yes, they are very good value. You might want to change the strings, though... I put some DR Lo-Riders on mine and it made quite a difference. They are surprisingly well put-together and sound just like a Jazz Bass. ;) Very playable. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1403964018' post='2488132']
If the neck is ok I could change the pups and still be a cheap jazz
[/quote]

I don't think you'll need to. As theyellowcar rightly says, these pups are hot. It depends on whether you like the sound of them of course, but as I said the J&D sounds almost exactly like a Jazz bass, so if that's what you're looking for it's all golden. ;)

The neck's OK too. Or mine was, anyway. Some people reported slightly sharp fret ends up the dusty end, but this is not a big problem. You can't go wrong. If you really don't like it for some reason there is sure to be someone on here who will take it off your hands, so you won't lose a lot. Or buy it from somewhere with a warranty so you can return it if you don't like.

I sold mine too as I [i]thought[/i] I didn't like Jazz basses. But I do. ;)

Edited by discreet

These look really good value. Been looking for a 70s style Jazz for a bit, and the bonus here is an alder body. Methinks a black/black/maple will soon be on its way :)

Just found this thread re these as well:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/227514-new-bass-day-jd-vintage-1975-review-good/

Edited by Lozz196