Why become a member? ×

*Updated* MTD 535, Status King-Bass "Black Beauty" 4 String & Warwick Streamer Stage II 4 String*Updated*

Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='255402' date='Aug 5 2008, 02:06 PM']At a guess, I'd say Splated Maple as well, but I actually don't know, wish I knew where to find out, and the spalted top came as a nice little suprise actually :).[/quote]
I'm sure if you gave michael tobias (or MTD or whatever) an email with your serial number they could tell you :huh: And +1 it's a very nice bass

[quote name='budget bassist' post='261060' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:12 PM']I'm sure if you gave michael tobias (or MTD or whatever) an email with your serial number they could tell you :) And +1 it's a very nice bass[/quote]

Just recieved a message from Mike, and it is a spalted maple top on a mahogany body, with a maple neck and maple board.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267175' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:17 PM']That SSII looks a cracker. BTW the preamp is the 3 band MEC unit (I have one fitted in a fretless Wick)

[/quote]

Well in total, between 3 basses, I need to buy 8 9 volt batteries every month now :)

EVERY month! Do you leave them plugged in permanently? I realise that the LEDs may well eat batteries but surely the preamps don't.

I give my basses a new 9volter each Xmas and I've never had one die on me. However, I can appreciate that for peace of mind; as often as you can afford makes sense.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267193' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:52 PM']EVERY month! Do you leave them plugged in permanently? I realise that the LEDs may well eat batteries but surely the preamps don't.

I give my basses a new 9volter each Xmas and I've never had one die on me. However, I can appreciate that for peace of mind; as often as you can afford makes sense.[/quote]

Well the King-Bass is the worst, it needs new everything, strings, batteries, a clean, and it's gobbles the batteries in about a month, 3 if I'm not using it too much.

Nah it's just that I prefer to change them straight away when I can tell their starting to die, and I play alot so it usually is about a month or 2 before the new ones go in.

Edited by Josh