Why become a member? ×

TAB or no TAB on transcriptions?

lobematt

[attachment=174080:Pain_Numb_Eagl.jpg]

Painting by numbers still has a certain following. No-one would claim that's it's, in itself, 'grand art' (although the genre has its own museum..!), but it gives pleasure to a good many folks, some of whom may take a deeper interest in the subject as a consequence. It has its place in the spectrum. Not directly comparable to the work of a traditional artist, but what's wrong with its coexistence..? Similarly, I feel, for tab. Not a substitute, and maybe a stepping stone. Has its own legitimacy.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1413617114' post='2580114']

Space? Anyone looking at just the dots or just the TAB will need to turn the page twice as often as they would otherwise.
[/quote]

Who said the tab and notation need to go on the same page? They could be separated you know.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1413564250' post='2579692']
The original question was whether the OP should offer transcriptions in both forms. If you want the maximum amount of people to get the benefit from them, then why not?
[/quote]

The main reason why not (apart from the space as has been mentioned!) is that it's quite a time consuming task for me to enter it all as notation, convert it to TAB and go through and check all the fingerings on the TAB are correct. Seen as though I run a non for profit blog I'd like to make the resources I provide as helpful for as many people as possible but I also don't have hours of free time to dedicate to things that people may not actually find that helpful. Hope that clears things up!