Why become a member? ×

Yamaha StagePass 600i - anyone used one?

Marvin

The guitarist in the band I'm in is considering getting one of these. It'll just be for vocal, maybe some acoustic guitar and he's got a synth module that he controls via a foot pedal that he uses occasionally.

The bass drum won't be going through it, neither will I :)

The band itself is a standard covers band - drum, bass, 2 guitars and vocals. We don't play loud.

Venues around my way are small with the odd medium sized place.

Just wondered if anyone uses one, or has used one and what they thought.

Cheers

[url="http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/pasystems/stagepas_400i600i/"]http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/pasystems/stagepas_400i600i/[/url]

Edited by Marvin

I used one as a solo singer and wasnt that impressed with sound. Very small speakers so sound was not very broad and nowhere near as loud as i was expecting. And like i say that was just as a vocal pa without any instruments going through it. Sold mine and now band i am in use EV zlx 12s. Same price and much better sound although you will need to buy a mixer.

I looked at the stagepas range for a band I used to be in. I was advised that they were not that great for band use. The power rating that is advertised is nowhere near what they put out. We eventually went with QTX individual powered speakers. They have their own amp in each speaker. They are rated at 150W and put out every bit of that. It turned out to be a good choice.

Edited by BassBus

I've got the 300 watt version, and it's fine for an acoustic act, and fantastically well designed, but - I would, even with the 600w version, expect it to struggle in a rock band situation even just for vocals.

As above, I would think something more obviously rock & roll would be more appropriate.