Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB-1000 1980 with case SOLD
£650

lowregisterhead

For sale is an Aria SB1000, an early one, serial number 0100xx, built in 1980, signified by the words 'The Aria Pro II' on the headstock. Later ones just have 'Aria Pro II'. Bought on a nostalgic whim a few months ago (I had an SB900 back in the 80's) but sadly the 16mm string spacing is just a bit too tight for my gorilla mitts these days!

A few marks here and there, and it's lost a bit of lacquer on the bottom edge as shown in the photos, but other than that in really excellent condition for its age. All the electrics work well and quietly, and the frets are in good shape, with minimal wear. Straight neck, and the truss rod works. It balances beautifully, plays really well, and sounds great. It's just been fitted with a new set of D'Addario nickels.

It comes with a hard case, a little worn, but perfectly serviceable.

Also included is a brand new contemporary replacement 'Noisekiller' preamp module, manufactured by a Finnish company. I thought after so many years the original module might be starting to show its age, but having tried them both, they sound equally good. The original is currently fitted, but it's a 5-minute job to change them over, it just plugs into a multi-pin connector in the control cavity.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by lowregisterhead

If you fancy yourself as a bit of a Cliff Burton, John Taylor or Jack Bruce, Haircut 100, Freeez, or one of the other myriad bands back in the day that used this fantastic bass, now's your chance! :D

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1404755955' post='2495467']
4.3kg on my digital bathroom scales, but it sits so well on a strap, it really doesn't feel like it.
[/quote]

For sure. The bass is so well balanced and the playing position so comfortable, that the weight is not so much of an issue as it might be on other basses. My SB is the heaviest bass that I've ever owned, but it's more comfortable to play than most.