Why become a member? ×

FS Punked up SX Jazz Bass SOLD
£140

bassix

For sale is my imported SX Jazz bass that has been used but not quite abused. It has a rock solid alder body coupled with good components and liberally covered in a proliferation of stickers of bands I've played with in the last few years. The bass plays well but I am playing precisions exclusively currently so this is sitting around with nothing to do.

Bass is in very good condition for one that has been gigged for the last 5 years with very few signs of damage aside from the buckle rash to the back. Hardware has been upgraded with a Gotoh 201 bridge and American Jazz pickups installed, these alone are worth around £70. I can reduce the price a little if you would like the original bridge installed.

Happy to post if desired but this will be at buyers expense. I'm playing a few gigs around the country in the next few weeks so may be able to arrange a meet in a service station somewhere. Pictures may be a little naff, let me know if you'd like any more detailed ones.

[attachment=164960:bass6.jpg]
[attachment=164961:bass5.jpg]
[attachment=164962:bass4.jpg]
[attachment=164963:bass3.jpg]
[attachment=164964:bass2.jpg]
[attachment=164965:bass1.jpg]

Edited by bassix

Nice bass. SX basses are very well built. Excellent value for money with regards to wood and construction. Electronics and pickups are weak, but they become very good basses when upgraded with new pickups.

Edited by amana

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...