Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Warwick Corvette Std Bubinga 5 2005 SOLD PENDING
£675

Joeyfivebags

Now £600

It is with great regret that i am having to put this up for sale/trade but my back just cant cope with it any more, even though i'm only 25, even more gutted because i just love the tone that comes from it. I have had a good scout over and the only flaws i can see are some very light scuffs (buckle rash?) on the back barely visible due to the fantastic wood figuring and the scrapes around the truss rod cover where a previous owner has obviously had difficulty removing it.

Excuse the poor photos only taken on my phone in a bit of a hurry can try and get some better ones if anyone needs any.

If anyone is interested you are more than welcome to come and have a look/play (based in Salford Quays).

Currently has an old set of 45-130 elixirs that i have put back on but still some life left in them. Dunlop straplocks will be replace with standard strapbuttons prior to sale. I think they are warwicks version of strap locks but the bass arrived to me without the straplocking part.

[b]Specs[/b][list]
[*]Bubinga Body
[*]Ovangkol Neck
[*]Bolt-on Design
[*]Wenge Fretboard
[*]24 Bronze frets
[*]Scale Length 34"
[*]Just a Nut II
[*]Warwick Machine heads
[*]Active MEC J/J (Neck and Bridge)
[*]Active MEC 2-way electronics
[*]Volume P/P, Balance, Bass, Treble (Stacked) control knobs
[*]Warwick 2-pieces bridge
[*]Approximate Weight 5.2 kg
[/list]
Info from Warwick website regarding serial number.

[color=#000000][b]Serial number:[/b]
M 112147 04[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Article number:[/b]
1245080000CZBUBOWW [/color]

[color=#000000][b]produced:[/b]
2005-01-03[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Description:[/b]
Corvette Standard, 5-string
Natural Oil finish
Bubinga body
Ovangkol neck
Chrome hardware [/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Haven't got the Warwick User Kit, but can supply sandberg gig bag if required.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Collection from Manchester Preferred as i have had issues with shipping gear in the past.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Trade wise i'm looking for pretty Jazz 4's preferable Japanese/USA, but willing to listen to offers on trades and cash.[/color][/font]

Edited by Joeyfivebags

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1402605099' post='2475337']
As I said on your status thing the other day, I'm in the same boat as you, tonally it's an amazing bass but the weight is definitely a factor to consider when buying this!
[/quote]

I own 2 corvette in the past, 4 string and 5 string both sounded fantastic. The 4 string have EMG pickup and John East pre and the 5 string have bartolini pickup and John East pre. Both have a monster of tone but weight and kinda unbalance neck put me off.

If those things doesn't bother you, then is a bargain of a bass to grab.

I always think 5 string corvette sounded much better then a 4 string corvette.

Edited by badboy1984

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1402605099' post='2475337']
As I said on your status thing the other day, I'm in the same boat as you, tonally it's an amazing bass but the weight is definitely a factor to consider when buying this!
[/quote]

Beautiful bass though, spot dearer than what you paid for yours ;)