Why become a member? ×

Mark bass combo

merlin

:D yes pulled the trigger on a cmd 151 combo,its real good,gigged it yesterday,awesome tones and used with my old Trace 15+10 cab nice and loud,which was quite a bonus as its only got a 250 watt amp,well chuffed, The amp I was using was a Beringer 450 thingy I got cheep second hand,the last two gigs,it started to vary its volume on its own,and now is going to the tip,it was good though,but after some 50 gigs I suppose she just got all worn out,lets see how mr Mark Bass holds up.

well gigs two and three done with this little combo,thinking the speaker,amp may be a bit broken,even with coupleing it with a Trace cab,it does not like to be driven to hard,so such is life,time to pull out the amp from the cab see if can be used,cant claim any monies back for breaking a new speaker,amp,should have brought bigger..

What is the impedance of the Trace Cab? If it is less than 8 Ohms, there is your problem. The Combo already has an 8 Ohm driver and will only accept an 8 Ohm or above extension. is the Combo happy on it's own?
Personally I wouldn't dream of using anything other than a MarkBass cab as an additional speaker as it will be perfectly matched size wise and more importantly sonically. The Trace won't.