Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Norway

jansenh

Hi all. What a great forum?! I've read some threads & topics, and really like the tone, attitude and conversations. Anyhow, this is my introduction:

I am 37 (male) from Norway, playing bass for 4 years. I have no background in playing any instrument since I gave up on music in school at age 13 ... I am an blues, rock and metal enthusiast, traveling to various festivals and concerts the past 20 years. And during all my experiences with live music, I always found the bass very fascinating. Then I decided to just start playing myself, life is to short to watch it from the sideline... Practicing a lot at home, having some professional guidance from time to time, and I have friends that a seasoned musicians helping me out. I am not really good at it, but trying to keep it simple, steady, modest and basic --- to support the rest of the band, and not shine through too much. So, I can make it work on a descent level. And more important: I enjoy it a lot!

Last year I started playing with a blues/rock cover band, and earlier this year I joined [url="http://www.myspace.com/escapetor"]http://www.myspace.com/escapetor[/url] . I also play at home with my 14 year old son on drums, and a friend on guitar - we play classic rock & blues covers.

For blues/rock I play a [b]Fender Precision 62 re-issue[/b] and for metal I play a [b]Warwick Corvette 5 string[/b].

My amp+cab situation is kind of frustrating at the moment:

I have used the [b]Ashdown ABM EVO III - ABM410 - ABM115[/b]. This equipment has a delicate tone for the blues/rock stuff I play, but the Ashdowns totally failed upon me for playing the Escapetor stuff with two very loud guitars. Its far from loud enough, cranked up full, I still couldn't hear a thing of what I was playing. And I ended up blowin up all 4 (!!!) elements PLUS the horn in the 410... got it replaced by a new one, and gave up on cranking the Ashdowns up to far... I will probably keeping my Ashdowns stuff for blues/rock.

To fulfill the need for loads of volume playing metal with escapetor, I recently bought a [b]Ampeg 810 and a SVT-CL[/b] for that purpose. Which really solved the issue, but hurt a bit money-wise. And my body + head hurts a bit from the massive sound it produces...

regards, Henning

hei henning, where abouts are you? I'm in Hønefoss (65km north of Oslo) but don't be fooled though, I'm English. Jei snakke Norsk, bortsett ikke fint, and I hope that means what I think it means :huh:

We also have annother Norwegian hereabouts somewhere, but I'll let him introduce himself. :huh:

Oh and Welcome to the forum. :huh:

[edited to say that I don't speak norwegian very well instead of the original which said I talk too fast (at least I think it did :) ) ]

Edited by SteveO

[quote name='jansenh' post='242711' date='Jul 18 2008, 01:55 PM']I have used the [b]Ashdown ABM EVO III - ABM410 - ABM115[/b]. ................Its far from loud enough, cranked up full, I still couldn't hear a thing of what I was playing. And I ended up blowin up all 4 (!!!) elements PLUS the horn in the 410...[/quote]

This was an ABM500 right ?! :wacko: