Why become a member? ×

SOLD FS/FT 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I - stunning early example in translucent red.
£1100

johnthebassist

[color=#FF0000]Will consider offers.[/color]
Will deliver within 100 miles of London
[s]No trades thanks[/s] Will consider trades (5-strings preferred) :)

Serial Number: L3079 90

This 1990 Streamer Stage I was built during the early period when Warwick handcrafted their most sought-after instruments. [list]
[*]Hand-built
[*]2-band MEC EQ
[*]MEC PJ pickups
[*]Just-a-Nut I brass nut (the best one, in my opinion)
[*]Standard bridge and tailpiece
[*]Schaller strap locks
[/list]
Tons of growl and bags of headroom. It's so much fun to play, it practically plays itself!

Finished in a gorgeous, translucent red that really shows off the contours of the instrument and the wenge stripes through the neck. Though this bass has a couple of minor dings, it's far from shabby. Still a stunning instrument.

The maple and wenge neck is much slimmer than later later Warwick baseball bats (feels much more like a Jazz) and the wenge fretboard is adorned with the small dot markers that would soon be phased out.

I acquired this bass in a Warwick-for-Warwick swap with Kev a few months ago. I'm selling to move to more traditional (Fender) gear, so I'm only interested in a sale please.

I've included some of Kev's photos (thanks Kev!) since the bass is in exactly the same condition as it was when he handed it to me.

I'm based in West London, happy to meet. Bass has only a soft case, so local collection preferred (though shipping can certainly be arranged at buyers cost).

Any questions, gimme a shout!

Edited by johnthebassist

I had one of these, it was incredible. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the input crackling whilst I was on stage at the Royal Albert Hall. Couldn't use it after that.

Lovely basses and this is being the original German ones made so beautifully is a collective of the future, without question.

Due to sale of Thumb 6, I'm now considering trades for this one.

Ideally looking for a 5-string. Anything along the lines of a Jazz Deluxe V, Stingray 5, Streamer Jazzman 5, Thumb 5 etc.

Edited by johnthebassist

• 1 month later...