Why become a member? ×

USSR "URAL-510 L" Bass guitar with no clearly defined bottom.

I'm not going to knock the seller's English - it's better than my Ukrainian, even if they've probably just used Google Translate. I will knock the bass though, as Soviet guitars are all absolutely terrible. If you were behind the iron curtain, then you aspired to having a Czech or other East European made instrument, and only suffered the USSR made stuff if it was all you could afford. Sovtek valve amps were pretty good though, possibly because they were made in military radio factories where the quotas weren't too bad.

In truth, once you get past the Babelfish translation, his listings tend to be scrupulously accurate, with no attempt to fool anyone. Fair play to him.

And I love this particular listing because, when I first saw the very first photograph, I actually assumed that bundle of wire was the pickup connection ...

:lol: :rolleyes:

[quote name='Ktmman' timestamp='1399497309' post='2444885']

How can you not smile at
" Contrary to the stereotype - not as bad as him speak" ?

Or " pouring parafin sensors" ?

[/quote]

My favourite has to be '[color=#000000]Hull shape vaguely reminiscent of LES PAUL'.[/color]

[size=3]The man? The guitar? Some sort of boat?[/size]

[size=3]But yeah, like chriswareham said, his English is still better than my Ukranian![/size]