Why become a member? ×

What size speakers do you prefer?

action_panzer

[quote name='Mr.T' timestamp='1400288577' post='2452709']
I am envious of those of you that have a Guitard that has an interest in the overall sound of the band.
Seriously.... The Guitard in my current band takes offense and makes sarcastic comments when either myself of our Roadie/Soundman makes any suggestions regarding his levels or tone!
At tonights gig he was apparently completely drowning out our singer in some of the numbers. We only put vocals through the PA and it is often a bit of a battle.
[/quote]
I feel for you. Sack him.
Prior to my current band, I was trying to form a band. I spent over a year trying to get folk & finally ended up with a drummer, a singer & 2 guitar owners. They cared so little about the sound that they never once fetched their own rigs.
At rehearsal they'd go straight for the biggest thing they could, usually a 4x12 (in a 5x6 mitre room!). Most of the time was spent asking them to turn down so we could hear the singer & the drummer.
I'd advertised to start an acid jazz/funk/house/breakbeat inspired originals band, ended up playing pop rock, so I left the band.
They had one meeting & never played again.

My new band is completely different, there's one guitarist & he's playing keys more than guitar.

The bottom line is.......

If your band has a Guitard and/or DrumHitter that are not working towards a balanced overall sound, it doesn't matter if you use 10", 12" or 15" speakers.
....it will sound crap anyway!!!

[quote name='Mr.T' timestamp='1400323885' post='2452886']
The bottom line is.......

If your band has a Guitard and/or DrumHitter that are not working towards a balanced overall sound, it doesn't matter if you use 10", 12" or 15" speakers.
....it will sound crap anyway!!!
[/quote]

Luckily both my guitarist use 1x12 combos so they're no match for a 6x10 :lol: