Why become a member? ×

Odd Question Lakland bridge replaced with a badass??

krispn

Sorry lads I just put this on to see how much controversy it would kick off opposed to genuinely constructive feed back.

The DD with added j p/u (a vintage sounding Fralin) is seriously the best sounding and playing P I've owned to date. Nearly makes getting my old bass stolen worth it!

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1397909701' post='2428497']
Sorry lads I just put this on to see how much controversy it would kick off opposed to genuinely constructive feed back.

[/quote]

If that was what you really wanted to do then you have failed miserably, I'm afraid.

You should have asked whether it was better to use flatwound or roundwound strings on your new bass. Twenty pages and three weeks of "heated discussion" later , you would still have been none the wiser but a United Nations Peacekeeping Force would be on standby to move in to restore order. ( The correct answer is "roundwounds", by the way).

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1397839560' post='2427872']
I'm not a big fan of the BBOT. It sounds O.K, I suppose, but in my experience the saddles are prone to movement and constantly slip on it, and it needs readjusting every time you change strings. If you are going to use a BBOT, at least make it one with tracks on the baseplate for the saddles to sit in.

Other more substantial alternatives such as the Badass ( or Lakland!) offer more stability and better clarity to the overall sound, in my experience at least. My old Jazz Bass sounded loads better when I had a Badass installed , especially in the upper registers, from what I remember. .
[/quote]

Agreed. My old MIJ P Bass had a BBOT and by comparison to the latest Fender, Lakland, and Musicman bridges, it was pretty ropey.