Why become a member? ×

Hi y'all

delboy

Just a quick intro to me and my world! I've been playing bass since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and have run the gamut of equipment from Woolworths type balsa wood and fence wire basses to Rickenbacker 4001. My current set up comprises of a Precision (USA of course), a Yamaha P/J bass and a Carlsboro 150 head running through a vintage Marshall cab. I also have a vintage Vox amp, a Kelly all valve 50 watt head, a couple of Marshall g***ar combos and various effect pedals.
I've finally realised I'm probably not going to make my fortune as a musician now, so I'm looking to put together a pub-rock type band just to keep playing live and having fun.

[quote name='delboy' post='239223' date='Jul 14 2008, 03:11 PM']Just a quick intro to me and my world! I've been playing bass since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and have run the gamut of equipment from Woolworths type balsa wood and fence wire basses to Rickenbacker 4001. My current set up comprises of a Precision (USA of course), a Yamaha P/J bass and a Carlsboro 150 head running through a vintage Marshall cab. I also have a vintage Vox amp, a Kelly all valve 50 watt head, a couple of Marshall g***ar combos and various effect pedals.
I've finally realised I'm probably not going to make my fortune as a musician now, so I'm looking to put together a pub-rock type band just to keep playing live and having fun.[/quote]

welcome! where are you?

[quote name='delboy' post='240114' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:12 PM']I'm in SE London...The place God would put the tube if he was giving the world an enema![/quote]

If you want to get a flavour of what Basschat is about, this is the best place to start: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21888&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21888&st=0[/url]

[quote name='L1zz1e' post='240142' date='Jul 15 2008, 03:39 PM']Hey Bremen, welcome =0)[/quote]

Why thank you!

But I'm an official Old Basschat Fart, been here *years*. Well, months.

I have a Frankenprecision (half Japanese, half US) and three Warmoths (4string, 5string and 4string fretless). And a Hohner cricket bat.

So: L1zz1e: welcome =0!