Why become a member? ×

Casting Call for Bassists!

pulsefilms

Casting Call for Bassists, all ages welcome!

We're looking for guitarists and bassists who can really play to appear in a short documentary / music video.

We need bassists who can improvise or play lead to a good standard, like wise bass players who are really expressive. The film is an art piece aimed at capturing musicians at the point they are in the zone musically, lost in performance or taken over by the music. We want musicians who can really express themselves, who play for the love of it.

Successful candidates will be asked to bring their instrument along, and a backing track to perform to (if possible but not essential).

Practically we are looking for musicians to give an hour or so of their time (on Sat 13th of April) We will be filming in a studio in London and will ask each musician to turn up and play for 10-15 minutes (or as long as it takes to get the performance they are happy with) The musician will be able to play whatever music they want to, as we will be taking short abstract moments from their performance. We’re just looking for people who can really go for it, enjoy themselves, show us something amazing and contribute to a stunning film.

Please contact [email protected]

Sounds like fun!

I'm not putting myself forward... I'm not a great player and my 'bass face' resembles someone having a poo, apparently... but I have friends in London who might be interested.

Is there any financial renumeration for this? And where will the documentary be aired? (i.e. is this a TV job or a student project).

PS: be sure to post back here with the final footage once it's finished, it'd be great to see what you come up with :)